Thread: Work Resumes On Wolfenstein 3D PSP

Thumbs up Work Resumes On Wolfenstein 3D PSP

News via : RetroEmu.com

Hey everyone.

So after I got myself addicted to my other projects, I finally am ready to pull myself away from them for a bit to get another Wolfenstein PSP update out there.

I know I said I would probably have an update out a few weeks ago, but work and lack of free time prevented that from happening.

I am still hit with the time issue, but I am managing it better so don't worry about it

So what am I planning to do on v5.2/6.0 (I haven't decided on adding another point to the current version or moving up to 6.0 upon the next release yet )

Here is the plan (probably not implemented in any specific order) :

1) Re-write the Game-loader again. I know I have done this twice already but I am still not happy with it. If someone again would provide a concept gui that I could use I would appreciate it.

2) Fix the Analog stick movement. As we all know, it's too fast.

3) Implement variable audio rate. I personally preferred the audio at a slightly faster tempo. So I am going to allow you to pick between them (the old tempo and current tempo)

4) Implement customizable control mapping. Make it so you can change the controls to your liking.

5) Work on some minor sound issues. Noticeable on certain items being the wrong tempo or pitch.

6) Add support for Wolfenstein Mods. I can only do this with mods that have their *source code provided. Please link me to them as I don't know where to find them. If you find one that doesn't contain the source code, feel free to email the author and request it.

* Not all Wolfenstein Mods altered the Wolfenstein source code. Ones that didn't should work out of the box. Mods that did modify the source won't work properly or at all unless you can get me the source code used to create them.

7) Add AutoMap feature. As seen in Wolf4Gl.

8) Fix death screen. So that blood fills the screen when you die (like in the original version of the game).

9) Fix exit messages. Some of them are incorrect (ex. press 'O' to exit, as opposed to 'X').

10) Add more cheats. Note this is completely up to our own imagination. I have a few funny cheats in mind. Please suggest some to me! I cannot guarantee your suggestion will be done but please ask!

11) Player sound effects. Again this is a new idea. How about we add something like "bring it" or any comments you can think of when we press a dedicated "Shout" button. So then when the guards shout at you, you can say "**** you" back, before blowing them to smithereens.

12) Fix save/load screen annoyances. It seems to require a silly combo of buttons to save. I need to add a confirm screen to it and also make the filenames have a more appropriate naming. ie. "Save 1" as opposed to the current : "1"

13) Possible multi-player. Even if I attempt this, it will not be done overnight and will take a lot of testing and stuff before it is done. This is only a thought, I may not even do it. It all depends.

14) Whatever you want.

Obviously not all of those are going to make it into the next update. 60>70% of them will though

Please give feedback via comments
    Last edited by Zack; November 29th, 2008 at 20:58.
    My Business (Games, Apps & More):

Gremlin Interactive

DCEmu Newbie

Your last one was so good I'm surpised that your gonna keep updating, the custom mods would be a really cool feature for this!

Sorry to bump.

I also meant to add ...

What would people think to adding custom graphic filters, such as smoothing, 2xsai etc.

Gremlin Interactive

well that would be awesome!! Definably make the game look a lot fresher =D

Can't really think of anything to suggest, so I'll just post saying it'd be great if these features were added!

As for the Game Loader...

PSPDemon has made me a fantastic GUI for it so this will definitely be in the next release

This GUI is themed in keeping with the game

I will post screenshot's of it and the other stuff as it's done.

Gremlin Interactive

DCEmu Newbie

hey!

ermm can i add yahoo or msn contacts to my go messenger?

rapply please thanks !

DCEmu Newbie

and if anyone got a go messenger then ask me for my addy

Sorry to bump.

I will be posting an update to this (either news or download) by next Tuesday/Wednesday, as I am back to having 2 days off per week then so I will finally have time to work on it again

Gremlin Interactive

Thread Information