Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark AleX's CFW PSP 3.80 M33-2 Released

Blog Entries

psp Dark AleX's CFW PSP 3.80 M33-2 Released

Dark Alex has posted an update to his awesome 3.80m33 Custom Firmware for the PSP, heres the readme details:

Spread this awesome news

3.80 M33-2

Requeriments:
    3.80 M33

Instructions: Copy UPDATE folder to /PSP/GAME folder

This update fixes a couple of issues.

- Function scePowerGetClockFrequency/scePowerGetClockFrequencyInt was not resolved properly due to a
    confussion between the two nids applying to the same function. Fixed, this update is necessary
    for plugins and kernel homebrew reporting psp cpu speed.

- PSX EBOOT.PBP that have a icon of 80x80 pixels will not be replaced by Dracula icon in savedata.

Explanation of icon issue:
    In 3.80 pops, Sony has introduced a bug that causes a crash when the icon of the pbp is not 80x80,
    like those of psstore. To resolve the issue, M33 was replacing the icon in ram by the one with Dracuala image,
    what caused the side effect of ps1 save games having Dracula icon.

Now the behaviour in 3.80 M33-2 is to replace the icon in ram only if the one in the file is not 80x80.

Download Both Files Via Comments and Give your Feedback and any Bug Reports via Comments

That was fast. Oh well then, time to update again...

Blog Entries

Just head to network update if you're on 3.80 m33 already.

i have a question but first heres the background

i have a 3.10OE i think it is and i aint used my psp in aaaaaages, im going away for a few days and want to get my PSP out to play some of my homebrew emulators etc and my question is...

how would i go about updating to this new firmware and would it be worth it? , i have a old style PSP or PHAT as its getting called now and was just wanting to know if this new firmware would allow me to play all the old 1.5 Kernel homebrew stuff and is it worth the hassle of upgrading for a few new features??

any help would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by gavind; January 14th, 2008 at 20:29.

I'll go ahead and install this to try out the network update,really nice work!

That was pretty quick. I haven't even had time to update it to 3.80 M33, but its nice to see a fix that fast.

Ahahahahaha!! For you people that already have 3.80 M33 and wireless internet just go to network update!!! i confirm it working!!

EDIT: Holy crap! this update fixed 100% of all my plugins!!! Great work!

EDIT: SONY = OWNED, DaX has taken over network update now bitches
    Last edited by Nikolaos; January 14th, 2008 at 20:25.

DCEmu Newbie

wow, pure sweetness that is the network update feature... thanks again DA.

Well - it's VERY nice to see an update that quick! So it certainly looks like Dark Alex is in it for the long hall with his live network updates. That is frickin cool as hell - I hope it is worth it for him to do it. Everyone now has there own direct link to the man and his team! I am making a donation as soon as I'm done with this post. It's my recommendation that others follow suite - DONATE PEOPLE! Show your appreciation, let's keep Dark Alex alive forever.
    Last edited by camcorderdoctor; January 14th, 2008 at 21:06.

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by gavind View Post
    i have a question but first heres the background

i have a 3.80OE i think it is and i aint used my psp in aaaaaages, im going away for a few days and want to get my PSP out to play some of my homebrew emulators etc and my question is...

how would i go about updating to this new firmware and would it be worth it? , i have a old style PSP or PHAT as its getting called now and was just wanting to know if this new firmware would allow me to play all the old 1.5 Kernel homebrew stuff and is it worth the hassle of upgrading for a few new features??

any help would be greatly appreciated
    I'm not sure which firmware you do have installed, as 3.80 OE doesn't exist, and it can't be 3.80 M33 either, since this was released today. Without completely knowing which firmware you have installed now, but assuming you have a homebrew enabled one, I recommend upgrading to 3.52 M33 with the 3.52 M33-4 patch. Read the readmes for more info.

You have to put a 1.50 firmware update named 150.PBP and 3.52 firmware update named 352.PBP in the same folder as the 3.52 M33 update folder. Be careful not to overwrite the original EBOOT.PBP.

3.80 M33 is not ideal for PHAT users to upgrade to as of now, since no support for 1.50 kernel homebrew exists (will come later). 3.52 M33-4 is your best shot for now, then you can upgrade to 3.71 M33(-4) if you later feel the need for it (also has 1.50 kernel support available as an addon).

This is not the place to ask for this, so if you need help, feel free to PM me or ask in the PSP Help forum.

Good luck!
    Last edited by blackrave; January 14th, 2008 at 20:36.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information