Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Off Topic - PSX Emu on GP2X

Blog Entries

Default Off Topic - PSX Emu on GP2X

The GP2X has today thrown the gauntlet down with a PSX Emu Released, its slow but for a first beta its quite impressive, keep your eye on our sister site for the full info --> GP2X News

Now wheres all the PSP Coders when we need em

I am shocked! :-o

no wat im sick of that gpx crap psp has like 200games with lua and regular eboots and psp gots like $#@! loadas of apps wen gpx first came out u were like o its a big rival to the psp yet it has mayeb 10 or 15 games psp is the best homebrew console ut there

Quote Originally Posted by Jman0708
    no wat im sick of that gpx crap psp has like 200games with lua and regular eboots and psp gots like $#@! loadas of apps wen gpx first came out u were like o its a big rival to the psp yet it has mayeb 10 or 15 games psp is the best homebrew console ut there
    Wow...alright. I've never called anyone this before, but you are one hell of a n00b. A homebrew scene doesn't just go "BOOM! ALL IS HERE!!!" overnight, you know! It's predacessor, the GP32, had a homebrew scene easily matching and possibly much better than the PSP's right now. But it took TIME to get there. Jeez...talk about impatience in commenting...wait more than a month or two before you go and say how much better the PSP is...oh yeah. And as a side note, use proper english when posting...I don't know about others, but all stuff like "wen" and "u" tick me off...it actually seems to show how impatient the typer is that they can't just add the extra few words to make "When" and "you" and make their post actually at least SOUND in intelligent.

Concerning this PS1 emulator...If it manages to run FF7 at good speeds and support the possibility of emulating "Switching disks" (like all PS1 FF games do except the ported ones) one day, and I'll eagerly buy a GP2X.

if the gp2x supports Grandia (2 disk) or Brave Fencer Musashi (1 disk, but hard to emulate) then I'll buy it.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Jman0708
    I agree with Insane1's comment concerning the time it takes to develop these things. Another big reason for things to appear a little quicker is Open source vs. Non open source, aka Sony vs. Gamepak (or gamepark, not sure :P).

DCEmu Rookie

i need a psx emu on psp

I do not think it will be possible; I want it to be possible, but it won't. My reasons behind this. . . Ok take the GBA emulators for example, we're having trouble getting the games to function on the psp now and the psp is a lot more powerful system than stupid GBA. (I hate GBA now. . . especially after that stupid micro BS came out.) Also try to play such games like Killer Instinct, (one of my favs!) Mortal Kombat 3 or Ultimate and Samurai Showdown on your SNES emulator on your psp. We're having problems getting some pretty early gen systems games running so what makes you think we can make FFVII, Chrono Cross, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 on a PSone function on a psp? Lets be logical people.

Once again im not arguing saying it won't ever happen and believe me; i want it to, I just don't think it's likely.

Thats my 25 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by YourStillWithMe
    I do not think it will be possible; I want it to be possible, but it won't. My reasons behind this. . . Ok take the GBA emulators for example, we're having trouble getting the games to function on the psp now and the psp is a lot more powerful system than stupid GBA. (I hate GBA now. . . especially after that stupid micro BS came out.) Also try to play such games like Killer Instinct, (one of my favs!) Mortal Kombat 3 or Ultimate and Samurai Showdown on your SNES emulator on your psp. We're having problems getting some pretty early gen systems games running so what makes you think we can make FFVII, Chrono Cross, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 on a PSone function on a psp? Lets be logical people.

Once again im not arguing saying it won't ever happen and believe me; i want it to, I just don't think it's likely.

Thats my 25 cents.
    Lets not forget the the GBA used an entirely different processor than the PS1, and that the GBA used a completely different code (ARM assembly). Some processors are harder to emulate than others (plus, with the 3D acceleration hardware on both the GP2X and the PSP, it's possible to take alot of the load off the processor. GBA and other non 3d systems have no use for anything like that, so nearly everything is emulated entirely by the processor)

Or in simpler terms: A PSX emulator will actually be able to use the 3d Accelration to make the processors job a heck of alot easier, unlike GBA and others which don't use the 3D acceleration.

Has anyone been very successful at tapping into the PSP's GPU? I mean do any of the emus actually use it to it's full potential? If not then there still is quite a bit of growing room.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information