Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goldeneye Wad that Works!!!!

Talking Goldeneye Wad that Works!!!!

After finishing my studying for the year I decided to give this goldeneye wad another go... after about an hour of merging different versions of goldeneye wads I finally found a combination that works!!!!

It came to me while I was in the best place for thinking... the toilet, I merged the GP32 version (which kept freezing upon entering the first level) with a goldeneye level wad and BINGO! it worked.

I have attached the merged wad to this post (hopefully it works, it seems to be taking a while to upload) you will need Winrar to extract it.

Install instructions (for those who don't know): Extract the wad and place in the WAD folder of DOOM-PSP then PLAY!. I've only tested this wad with the latest version of DOOM-PSP (Doom-PSP-v0.04-SS-b5) but it should work with any version you have.

Im not sure about the music yet I think the goldeneye wad is meant to have background music from the original game but this merged wad doesn't seem to play it, Ill keep playin around with that and maybe upload another merged wad with working background music!

Anyway I hope this isn't illegal or infringing on any copyright laws by uploading this wad here, it shouldn't be because both wads I downloaded legally... If I am in the wrong(admins) please remove this file.

EDIT: There is a problem with this wad, near the end of the sixth level there is a map error (A sprite blocking a door). I am unable to remove the sprite with wintex, so I will have to use a doom map editor (DeePsea) to fix it... I will post the fixed wad here:

So for those who want the OLD wad(fix it yourself) here it is:

Awesome, I'll give this a go. I'm feeling lucky today. If I brick my psp im going to be upset but not at you life

If I brick my psp im going to be upset
    Dont worry dude - I've tested this wad on my PSP it won't do any damage.

If anyone is unsure about this download then go to the GP32 homebrew website download the TC goldeneye wad, then go to doomwadstation.com and download the Legacy version TC goldeneye wad, merge the GP32 version with the goldeneye levels wad and PLAY!

I thought I was being generous by merging the wad for people and placing the working wad here because I know alot of people have trouble successfully merging wads.

Anyway... if you download this wad place it on your PSP and it works (which it should) please post back here confirming that it wont brick your PSP.

worked for me, thanks!

thanks alot r2works the pictures are great!

Works A OK for me too. However, i'm dissapointed for 3 reasons

its TOOOOO much like Doom and
    No Aiming system
    the KF7 Soviet works like a shotgun. . .

But its WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than i could ever do so thats why im not gonna be a pain

its TOOOOO much like Doom and
    No Aiming system
    the KF7 Soviet works like a shotgun. . .
    yeah, I know what you mean, after I got it working I didn't play it for long... but a few people have PM'd me wanting different wads because they can't merge or its not working etc... so I thought I'd post the most popular request.

Im currently working on getting the DOOM64 mod to work, it has a map error which doesn't allow you to get past the 5th level, some sprites are being ignored by the PSP port I think, anyway Ill try and fix it and post it in this forum.

DCEmu Newbie

playing thru the first 2 lvls was good then it froze up, second time thru it didnt freeze, good job on this plays great.

I've had it freeze on me aswell and then it worked OK the next time I played, I think it may have something to do with the original wad being ported for the GP32.

Ap0calypse, I ruv you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information