Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Map This! v0.2

Quote Originally Posted by GPSFan
    Hi I am having trouble with compressed maps? The map I am using is about 1.89gb which is huge taking up my entire memory stick. How can I save some space? I heard you can compress it which I'ved tried to RAR format. But when I tried to load it up, it would freeze my entire system and I have to remove the battery pack to reset. Great software! Congrats on winning 1st place with a well deserved victory!
    The only way is to remove some tiles you don't need (water/mountains/other).

The MapThis should handle the missing tiles. It's known that huge maps don’t work well compressed due to file rearrangement inside the zip file... don't know how deniska is planning (if so) to fix that...

One advise I may give you is try to divide that huge area in several small areas and name them the way you can know were you are and change manually to other area when reach boundaries,
    9 maps:

NW|N|NE
    W|0| E
    SW|S|SE

Hi I am having trouble with compressed maps? The map I am using is about 1.89gb which is huge taking up my entire memory stick. How can I save some space? I heard you can compress it which I'ved tried to RAR format. But when I tried to load it up, it would freeze my entire system and I have to remove the battery pack to reset. Great software! Congrats on winning 1st place with a well deserved victory!
    wow, 1.89gb!! how big is that map?
    You defenetely don't want to zip this map...

FYI, as I mentioned before, map this! currently would not correcly display maps bigger than 256x256 (it cuts out half of the map)
    I'll fix this bug in the next release...

Make sure you format your MS to FAT32 - it does save alot of space.
    You can also save space by removing some zoom layers (can't completely remove the most detailed one though) and/or getting rid of some tiles (for areas that you don't need, like lakes, etc)
    You can get rid of zoom layer by removing the Nx folder insize the map (2x,4x, etc)

in7ane's dl tool already offers "area editing" in the last few versions..
    Yet another way to save space would be to batch process all images with Photoshop, Image Magic or some other program - you can try to reduce the number of colors in the PNG or convert it to JPG with some loss of quality...

deniska, can the next version not shut off with select.

Everytime I switch back to ishell with left-shoulder and select , it quits mapviewer.

Also could headphones be used while a gps device is plugged in if a headphone cable was spliced into the gps connector?

And have you got a link for the map_This_v02_fw15_EBOOT.zip file?

Quote Originally Posted by drEDN4wt
    deniska, can the next version not shut off with select.

Also could headphones be used while a gps device is plugged in if a headphone cable was spliced into the gps connector?
    Just tried to multitask MapThis with mp3 player using IrShell:
    I does work but skips GPS readings ocasionally.

This could be less of the problem with slower baud devices (mine is 38900)

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska
    wow, 1.89gb!! how big is that map?
    You defenetely don't want to zip this map...

FYI, as I mentioned before, map this! currently would not correcly display maps bigger than 256x256 (it cuts out half of the map)
    I'll fix this bug in the next release...

Make sure you format your MS to FAT32 - it does save alot of space.
    You can also save space by removing some zoom layers (can't completely remove the most detailed one though) and/or getting rid of some tiles (for areas that you don't need, like lakes, etc)
    You can get rid of zoom layer by removing the Nx folder insize the map (2x,4x, etc)

in7ane's dl tool already offers "area editing" in the last few versions..
    Yet another way to save space would be to batch process all images with Photoshop, Image Magic or some other program - you can try to reduce the number of colors in the PNG or convert it to JPG with some loss of quality...
    Hi thanks for replying. lol I'm surprised by your reaction when I said it's 1.89gb. hehe I have actually removed some fo the zooms and I will take your advice to format it in FAT32. I'm not sure how that can be done I just use the tool that is within the psp. Thanks for your help.

However I am still unsure of how to use the waypoint features. Let's say I wanna find my way home. I saved my home cooordinates into a POI file using the in7ane's tool. Saved it as _home so when I choose it and activate POI I see a little dot. But would it tell me how to get to the little dot in the shortest possible way from where I am currently? Like how it shows on the display pic for the first post of this thread?

Again thanks so much for EVERYTHING! You have no idea how long I've been searching for something like this.

However I am still unsure of how to use the waypoint features. Let's say I wanna find my way home. I saved my home cooordinates into a POI file using the in7ane's tool. Saved it as _home so when I choose it and activate POI I see a little dot. But would it tell me how to get to the little dot in the shortest possible way from where I am currently? Like how it shows on the display pic for the first post of this thread?

Again thanks so much for EVERYTHING! You have no idea how long I've been searching for something like this.
    You have to import a route not just a single POI..
    MapThis! does not have data to do route calculations by itself

You can import a route (which is a collection of points with instructions along your way from MSN using in7ane's tool..

DCEmu Newbie

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by deniska
    You have to import a route not just a single POI..
    MapThis! does not have data to do route calculations by itself

You can import a route (which is a collection of points with instructions along your way from MSN using in7ane's tool..
    Great thanks I think I got it. I tried what you said formatted my mem stick to FAT32 and the reinstalled all dh etc.. and reinstalled mapview deleted 1X and 32x leaving on 2x/4x/8x/16x. After all that I ended up with about 1.85gb FREE! It was a drastic difference. Thanks so much for the advice! I think the FAT32 really helped. I dont' think it was formatted to FAT32 before that's the main difference took up about 1.8gb.

DCEmu Newbie

hi again deniska, i post the same text as in the neo forum, with anwering your questions.

hy deniska, i´am a german user and i must first shake your hands for the 1st place, a very great programm!!!
    And the Idea with the serial port let my project go round to Smiley

But, i must say you the same as danzel, on your gps viewer programm the gps signals are shown on the screen, but when i start mapthis! i always had "Bad Data", i own a gps slim 236, same like you. And curios is that, first time, after build the special cable, i start map this, the gps works, i´ve drive around and my position was shown on screen, but since monday, nothing, the gps device is like dead. I´ve the wifi switch of and no umd in slot, but nothing works.

I´ve build my cable with the original psp remote controller cable, with one mod. i´ve cut of the pin connector for the headphones, in high of the serial connector, so i can hear music too when i´ve connectet the gps device. Since i´ve cut this, map this says no to my gps device, but over this connectors nothing comes thru. And, i´ve said it, in your gps viewer app. its funct. wonderfull... I hope you can help me!
    Yes it works in the green screen app, i´ve alleready wrote this, look upper pls. It works at the moment, after cutting the connector, the orange led is blinking, satelite connection is etablished, the only prob i have is that mapthis! wont would work with my data, in green screen i see lon, lat, connectet satelites, quality etc, and in map this nothing, wifi is off (switch off) and theres no umd in slot, but it wont work, yes, i´ve gave FAKEFEED a "0", how i told, first time after building cable i connect the gpsslim start map this and see me as an arrow on the downloaded maps, you know it alleready works very fine, i hope you can now help me, i´ve took every option i´ve had before i wanted to ask you...
    But, i think i buy a new PSP cable and build it again, what is crazy at the moment, then one app show me off my coordinats, and the other is still quite.

Did you cut the audio plug?
    I think it may need to be inserted in order to power the seral port...
    Unlike, green screen program, MapThis loads WIFI modules, which seem to impose this as well as UMD Drive thing...

DCEmu Newbie

so... i have one question....

is it possible to port an OpenSource GPS Project to the PSP!?
    This would make your work maybe a little bit easier to integrate the ROuting Part in your software?!

I searched the web for Open Source GPS projects and found something maybe interessting for you!!

Here are the Links !!

First:

http://home.earthlink.net/~cwkelley/

Second:

http://gps.psas.pdx.edu/

Third Link:

http://www.gpsdrive.cc/

and the last Link!

http://www.gpsworld.com/gpsworld/art....jsp?id=283875

so... im reading these sites now to look if it's for USE but i Think you, deniska knows it better then me!!
    maybe you (deniska) could need something like this?!

Greetz

kamatschka

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information