Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N64 Emulator Project - Need Coders! - N64 Emulator for Wii & Gamecube

Blog Entries

GC N64 Emulator Project - Need Coders! - N64 Emulator for Wii & Gamecube

emu_kidid a respected coder in the Gamcube Scene has today announced a new project to get a team of coders together to deliver the Holy Grail to the Gamecube and Nintendo Wii. Heres the announcement in full of his Nintendo 64 Emulator for the Gamecube and Wii Project:

DIGG THIS NEWS

I'm looking for some seasoned coders in GC and or N64 to join a team that I'm proposing get down to business and code up a N64 emulator for the GC/Wii. I know that doing this as a one man army takes time, but if we have several experienced coders, it won't take very long at all to do.

The most time consuming parts would be the cpu and gpu ports. The ROM Loading routines, buffer managment for games over 16Mb into ARAM, saving, GUI, Pads etc are only trivial.

I'm not asking for the impossible, in-fact it's very possible, because we've all seen the OoT and Majoras Mask emulator from the Zelda bonus Disc, which emulates a rather CPU intensive game such as Majoras Mask rather well.

The project goal for me would be to get the emulator as good as, if not better, than the already released commercial N64 emu on the Zelda DVD.

That is:
    256mbit Rom Loading
    Full CPU/Audio/Video/Pads
    DVD loading of Roms
    SRAM etc.

To surpass that:
    Allow all roms to attempt to run
    Save State/SRAM etc to SD or Memcard
    GUI, 512mbit rom support (tricky but possible)

If you're interested, please message me on these forums. Only determined and experienced coders please.

The Project will commence in Mid July, with or without support of anyone else. How long it will take will be determined on how many coders help out.

Please use this as the official development forum.

Laters, let the days of N64 emulation on GC/Wii begin

Let him know Here

The Holy Grail you say??? naaaaaa try Playstation emulation! mwahaha. I'm kidding, the ability to play Perfect Dark or Smash Bros would be pretty ballin. Best of luck man

i hope this emu comes true.
    i'm trying to get into the wii homebrew scene i just need to find a gamecube sd-load

GET A MODCHIP !!! its sooo much easier. and i hope this works out, i cant find anything for n64 emulation at all.

maybe when wii homebrew is available and the firmware is unlocked we can use the virtual console to play roms using something like popstation to convert the roms so they will play

i only wish i could help with that project

DCEmu Newbie

Interresting projetc, but i never code on GC, just on Linux, PS2 and PSP.
    Iff you need help, contact me tmator @ gmail.com

linux gamecube...

apparently the wii might have a seperate external harddrive comming soon, as i think it has usb ports. is there any reason the wii couldn't be used with a conventional external harddrive or an ipod or even the xbox 360 harddrive (which works with windows)

DCEmu Newbie

I hope I'd be able to put roms on my SD card instead of having to burn an iso. Either way, I really hope this gets done.

Yeah, it sounds like a great idea, but the preferred method of GC loading these days is either AR SDLoad or SDML, so reading ROM images from the SD card is a must. Other than that, I hope this is successful because it sounds great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information