Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Everything You Need To Know About YOU and your PSP!~!~!~!

Reserved for sections 12-16

Section 17-Customizing Your PSP

Every couple of days or so I get someone PMing me asking "I saw thi cool logo for the psp and i want to make it my game movie!" "I want to make this sound my opening sound!!!" And its getting a little bit annoying. First a bit of warning to all of you people

ANY CUSTOMIZING TO YOUR PSP CAN RENDER IT USELESS AND CAUSE IT TO BRICK.

Definition of a Bricked psp-A piece of crap that you will never be able to use again. :-) So if after reading this section you try to customize your psp and it frigs up, im not reliable. You all have been warned. Basically all of the customizable files are located on the psp's Flash0 which can only be accessed via PSP filer, a custom firmware, (which I have already stated) or another flashing program. You can find them easily, just search "PSP flasher" on yahoo or google or something close to that and you should be MONEY. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND FLASHING ONLY IF you flash via an emulated firmware on devhook or a safe custom firmware with the 1.50 recovery installed and ready to be used. Othwerwise, your risk is increased. Now without further ado---here is a list of files and what they customize on your psp (to my knowledge)

opening_plugin.rco-This file flashes the opening sound when you turn on your psp!
    gameboot.pmf-This file customizes the psp game movie when you launch a game or HB.
    ltno.pgf-Font on your psp's main menu. (cross media bar-XMB)
    1-12.bmp-Determines what your monthly background colors will be.
    systemplugin_bg.rco-Your Waves in the background on the main menu!
    topmenu_plugin.rco-Your psp's icons! (Photo, music, video, etc.)
    visulaizer_plugin.rco-Your psp's visualizer while playing music (those weird shapes and stuff like Windows Media Player)
    impose_plugin.rco-Your psp's battery life icon. . .(not that special if you ask me.)
    system_plugin_fg.rco-Your psp's volume bar when you hit + or - on the psps buttons.

There are otherfiles that you can customize but these files are the only ones you should really customize. The other stuff is more risky because its a more in-depth file and is more complicated. This stuff is mainly what people focus on changing. Search for these files on google or yahoo! and you should be able to find them with ease! If you have a custom firmware to get these custom files onto your psp---

When you turn on your psp system, hold the R trigger and wait for the recovery menu to come up. When it does go to ADVANCED then toggle Flash0. Now with your psp connected to your psp (with usb) go to ms0 (root of your psp) ms0\vsh\resource and then drag the file there. . .make sure you backup all the files in that RESOURCE folder onto your hard drive!!! (incase something goes wrong!) and then when says "Do you wish to overwrite this file?" click yes and exit usb mode and start your psp up again and boom! your item shouldve customized corrently! If there is an error and your psp is having troubles starting up. . .enter recovery with R and get that 1.50 update going that you installed earlier with RECOVERY!

Section 18-The PSP's battery life, and how to save it.

Alright this section should be fairly simple. There are multiple types of batteries which are available for the psp, I recommend using one and one only. . THE ONE THAT COMES WITH YOUR SYSTEM! Only use that type!!!! Nothing Else! You can also buy an extra backup battery at any Wal Mart, Gamestop or whatever but make sure it is the exact same 1800mAh type. (3.6volts) Its good to have an extra battery because sometimes we people get stupid and forget to charge ours (I dont though, ive never done that.)
    Saving Battery Life-Saving battery life is a piece of cake. Every night before I go to bed I charge my PSP! There is no such thing as overcharging your psp (like for cell phones) so charge away! I've charged my psp EVERY NIGHT since the day I got the thing since launch practicaly (1.50 versions were on the market!) and my battery is still at 9-10 hours!!! I recommend connecting your charger near your bed and just charging it as you sleep. Also-Dimming the backlight of your psp also saves battery as well. I keep it at the lowest light too. It sucked at first, but then I got used to it after a while. Now, when I game with the light at level 3 or 4, im in my glory!! So yeah, that is the battery section.

Reserved for sections 21 and 22.

DCEmu Rookie

Yet again...

This would do better as a simple web-based guide, not posts in a forum.
    Perhaps talk to the dcemu webmaster about getting a page made.

DCEmu Newbie

you should (for the memstick section) explain ms0:/ since thats what alot of people use. and also explain that you need a custom firmware to put GAME150 folders in...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information