Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: how to do everything on a psp

DCEmu Newbie

Smile how to do everything on a psp

Been surfing the net all week and have found some useful info on how to do most things on your psp here is what i have found. i wish i could zip this up for you to download but i am a newbie and i am not aloud yet, the full zip as pics to help you!

PSP Hacks :: PSPersonalize
    PSP Hacks :: KXploit Howto

Starter Guide to the Sony PSP

How to run Homebrew on your v1.0 Sony PSP

PSP Hacks :: PSP USB Charger

PSP Hacks :: Xbox Saves on your PSP

PSP Hacks :: Game Online
    PSP Hacks :: Hidden Browser

Hacks :: Use your old Sony Memory sticks (non duo)

PSP Hacks :: UMD Disc Swap Hack

if you want me to post any of this info please tell me and i will post asap...
    thanks brad

heres the doc file please read and let me know what you think should i keep looking and updating this file for you all to read?

<O</O<O</O<O</O

PSP Hacks :: PSPersonalize sounds really interesting. How much can a PSP be personalized? Could you please post some info about this?

Hi brad,

PSP Hacks :: Hidden Browser....
    can you post more infos on this, sounds interesting, but is it from any use?

DCEmu Newbie

sorry this dose have pics but i cant post the zip yet maybe later hope this helps you!

PSP Hacks :: PSPersonalize

This tutorial will explain how to change your background using PSPersonalize. For simplicity I've created a custom PSPersonalize package for the no-swap KXploit method.

We're not responsible if you render your PSP useless.

Note: This DOES NOT work on 1.51 or 1.52 firmware versions - strictly 1.50!

What you need:

There are 12 months in a year, thus 12 possible backgrounds for the PSP. You MUST rename the bitmaps you download to XX.BMP (XX represents numeric two digit month)

examples:

• 01.BMP - January
    • 02.BMP - February
    • 03.BMP - March
    • 04.BMP - April
    • 05.BMP - May
    • 06.BMP - June
    • 07.BMP - July
    • 08.BMP - August
    • 09.BMP - September
    • 10.BMP - October
    • 11.BMP - November
    • 12.BMP - December
    Remember the following rules when using a custom background - the image must be:

• a 24-bit Bitmap (BMP)
    • <= 150KB in size
    • <= 300x170 resolution
    Got it? Good.

1. First create a USB connection between your PSP and PC.
    2. Extract PSPersonalize_v1a-kxploit.zip to your memory stick under \PSP\GAME - this will create two directories, so you'll end up with:
      1. PSP\GAME\PSPersonalize%
      2. PSP\GAME\PSPersonalize
    3. Rename your BMP's respectively
    4. Copy the BMP's to the root directory of your memory stick. If Windows recognizes your PSP as drive letter i: then copy the bitmap(s) to i:\. The final result should resemble this directory structure:
    <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" oreferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><vath o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></vath><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1026 style="WIDTH: 225pt; HEIGHT: 185.25pt" alt="" o:button="t" target="_blank" href="http://www.psp-hacks.com/images/psp-bmps.jpg" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\@HOMEC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\cli p_image001.jpg" o:href="http://www.psp-hacks.com/images/psp-bmps-s.jpg"></v:imagedata></v:shape>
    <o></o>

1. Browse to the Game menu on your PSP
    2. Select PSPersonalize - disregard any "Corrupted Data" - it's nothing
    3. Boot PSPersonalize
    4. It will automatically detect the BMP's in the root directory. Press "O" to confirm the background change or press "X" to cancel
    5. You'll end up at a "finished..." screen. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1lace><st1:PlaceName>Press</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceName>"</st1:PlaceName><st1:PlaceType>Home</st1:PlaceType><st1:PlaceName>"</st1:PlaceName></st1lace> and return to the PSP menu
    6. You should see your background, depending which month you selected. If you don't try rebooting the PSP
    If problems persist, head over to www.dual-scene.com - they've got videos demonstrating how to fix common problems people are experiencing.

Also a big thanks to dual-scene.com - DrEggman and Vampire for developing PSPersonalize!

<o></o>

<o></o>

DCEmu Newbie

sorry this dose have pics but i cant post the zip yet maybe later hope this helps you!

PSP Hacks :: Hidden Browser

We've created a portal for any PSP users wishing to start surfing the net. Before this portal you had to create you own DNS server which wasn't very practical. Now you can simply set you DNS to this new portal and presto! Your surfing the web on your PSP. There is another portal out there but it runs off someone's home machine. This is the first and only that I know of that runs on a dedicated server and is up 24/7 happy web surfing on your Sony PSP.

1. Go to Network Settings > Infrastructure mode in your PSP. Create a new setting (recommended) or edit an existing one.
    2. Choose a connection name (maybe 'portal' or 'psp-hacks.com' it doesn't matter as long as you can remember it).
    3. Enter SSID and Encryption options for the wireless access point (AP). You must already know this info
    4. For address settings, go down and choose 'custom'.
    5. For IP address settings, choose 'automatic' (or choose another option, if you want a static IP).
    6. For DNS setting, choose manual. (This is extremely important)
    7. For primary DNS, input this: 67.15.168.116 (ns.psp-hacks.com)
    8. I left secondary DNS to whatever you want, I recommend your ISP's so if this DNS server goes down you'll know the hack isn't going to work.
    9. Proxy server: Do not use
    10. Confirm & save.
      Ready?
    11. 11. Boot Wipeout Pure. Get to the main menu, go down to Download.
    12. 12. OK to ESRB notice. Choose the connection you just set up.
    If all went well, you should see this screen - our PSP Portal! (click to enlarge)

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" oreferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><vath o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></vath><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><o:lock aspectratio=[/img]</o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 210pt; HEIGHT: 112.5pt" alt="PSP Hacks Web Browser Portal" o:button="t" target="_blank" href="http://www.psp-hacks.com/images/psp-hacks-portal.jpg" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\@HOMEC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\03\cli p_image001.jpg" o:href="http://www.psp-hacks.com/images/psp-hacks-portal.jpg"></v:imagedata></v:shape>
    Now enjoy surfing the net on your Playstation portable.

DCEmu Newbie

PSP Hacks :: Game Online

Well, this isn't really a "hack" per say; although it's pretty dope. Using the software, XLinK KAI, provided by Team Xlink, we are able to successfully play any Sony PSP game online which uses the Ad Hoc wireless technology. Anyway, let's continue...

·What you need

·Preparing XLink KAI

·Flashing your Wireless Router

·Preparing the Router

·Play Online!

·Tips and Help

·Online Screenshots

·Conclusion

What you need:

• XLink KAI - download here
    • A Sony PSP
    • A Linksys WRT54G or WRT546S or Buffalo WBR-G54 wireless router
    • Custom PSP / XLink KAID router firmware - download here (ensure you grab the latest version)
    • Very basic knowledge of routers/firewalls
    Preparing XLink Kai

1. After downloading XLink KAI, proceed with the installation - it's a very simple procedure, just run the "xlinkkaievo7.exe" executable.
    2. Next you'll need to create an "XTag" which will be your XLink user name. Click here to create your XTag now!
    3. Head to Start -> Programs -> XLink KAI Evolution 7 and run Start KAI Config Tool
    4. Under UI select Java
    5. Check Enable PAT, Launch UI and enter your XTag information
    6. Uncheck Launch Engine - the engine will be running on the router
    Flashing your Wireless Router

1. Open up the web based router configuration, typically located at http://192.168.1.1. Log in.
    2. Browse to the Administration -> Firmware Upgrade page
    3. Select the firmware that you downloaded earlier and DO NOT reset factory defaults.
    4. Press Upgrade. NOTE: we do not take any responsibility if this firmware renders your router useless.
    Preparing the Router

1. After the router reboots, log into the web administration interface
    2. Disable Wireless -> MAC Filter
    3. Browse to Administration and enter your XLink information under "Kaid Config"
    4. Interface will be either:
      • br0 - this will allow both Xbox and PSP to function on all 3 routers
      • eth2 - PSP only on Linksys WRT54G 1.0 and 1.1, and Buffalo WBR-G54 routers
      • eth1 - PSP only on Linksys WRT54G 2.0 and 2.2 routers
    NOTE: locate the version # beneath the router

1. Browse to Administration -> Kaid
    2. Start Kaid - this will launch the intergrated XLink Kai engine
    Play Online!

1. Fire up your PSP and load the game which uses Ad Hoc for multiplayer. (Wipeout Pure, Ridge Racer, etc...)
    2. Fire up the XLink KAI and go to Menu -> Settings.
    3. Under the GUI settings, specify the IP address of the KAID engine (IP address of your router)
    4. Also enter your XTag information
    5. Connect and join the PSP Arena
    6. Select the game you wish to play
    7. On your PSP, put the game in multiplayer mode - join or host a game
    8. Back at the router configuration under Administrator -> Kaid press "Scan PSP"
    9. If all goes well, XLink and the router should detect your PSP, allowing you to begin game play!
    Tips and Help: if you're experiencing problems

• Note: Any wireless devices on your existing network will not be functional while the router is operating in Ad Hoc (PSP) mode.
    • If the KAID engine is unable to start, ensure your router's DNS configuration settings are working correctly.
    • If XLink is unable to detect your PSP, please ensure your router can first. View the status of this under the web-based configuration for your router by going to Administration -> Kaid - you should see the current SSID of your PSP and the Wireless Mode should state PSP.
    • Often times I've noticed I'll have to keep clicking "Scan PSP" in order for XLink to initially detect your PSP
    • Also check our forum thread for further assistance
    Screenshots: (click to enlarge)

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" oreferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><vath o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></vath><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 187.5pt; HEIGHT: 97.5pt" alt="Wipeout Pure Online Synchronizing" o:button="t" target="_blank" href="http://www.psp-hacks.com/images/psp-wipeout-online1.jpg" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\@HOMEC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\04\cli p_image001.jpg" o:href="http://www.psp-hacks.com/images/psp-wipeout-online1-s.jpg"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

<v:shape id=_x0000_i1026 style="WIDTH: 187.5pt; HEIGHT: 97.5pt" alt="Wipeout Pure Multiplayer Lobby 1" o:button="t" target="_blank" href="http://www.psp-hacks.com/images/psp-wipeout-online2.jpg" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\@HOMEC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\04\cli p_image003.jpg" o:href="http://www.psp-hacks.com/images/psp-wipeout-online2-s.jpg"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

<v:shape id=_x0000_i1027 style="WIDTH: 187.5pt; HEIGHT: 97.5pt" alt="Wipeout Pure Multiplayer Lobby 2" o:button="t" target="_blank" href="http://www.psp-hacks.com/images/psp-wipeout-online3.jpg" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\@HOMEC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\04\cli p_image005.jpg" o:href="http://www.psp-hacks.com/images/psp-wipeout-online3-s.jpg"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

<v:shape id=_x0000_i1028 style="WIDTH: 187.5pt; HEIGHT: 97.5pt" alt="Wireless Router KAID Status" o:button="t" target="_blank" href="http://www.psp-hacks.com/images/psp-router-status.gif" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\@HOMEC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\04\cli p_image007.png" o:href="http://www.psp-hacks.com/images/psp-router-status.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>
    Conclusion:

Chances are this won't go as smoothly as you think. I ran into numerous problems trying to get this working properly; however, don't give up! I was successful and it will work! We have setup a forum thread for those who are having difficulty in setting this up. We'll try and provide you with support to get you on your way.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

i'm posting this on the behalf of brad666, i don't know if it works or anything about the guides... so if something goes wrong etc it has nothing to do with me.

enjoy

Thumbs up

Thanks for all the info brad666!! Really awesome document you put together.

DCEmu Newbie

thanks for that Darksaviour69<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_34740", true); </SCRIPT> ! i would love to hear from anyone who found this useful i have made the usb power lead and it works! i am trying to find more useful apps and info i shell post as soon as i have them, i have to say a thank you to all the groups that the info as come off. keep up the good work! if anyone is new to hacking and emus and would like help please ask thats what we are here for!

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

brad666, the reason u could not upload yourself is becasue u did not confirm you membership of the forum when the email was sent out to u! don't worry about it, i have upgraded you to normal member so noe you can upload you own stuff

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information