Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo 3 Epsilon cheaters banned until 9999 AD

DCEmu Regular

Default Halo 3 Epsilon cheaters banned until 9999 AD

From Gamespot:

Halo 3 Epsilon cheaters banned until 9999 AD

Microsoft is apparently making strong examples of anyone trying to sneak into the Halo 3 Epsilon test. The crackdown came to light when a 17-year-old Minnesotan who goes by the handle "Scar" posted a tale of woe on the forums of the Halo-focused modding site Se7ensins.com. His post was accompanied by a photo of his ban notice from Xbox Live, which expires on December 31, 9999 AD--some 7,447 years after the events in Halo are supposed to take place.

How did the eternal banhammer fall on Scar? "A friend said he got the Epsilon from a friend and offered me to glitch it onto my account with what you call the two-controller exploit," he told GameSpot. "I downloaded it from Marketplace and played it for maybe six hours or so all alone, in custom games and campaign. [Then] it would kick me offline every time i tried to play Epsilon. It wasn't until the next day when i signed on that I found out i got banned."

Despite being a self-described "achievement $#@!" with a GamerScore of over 61,000, Scar--who doesn't want his real name made public--has no plans to appeal his ban. "Other people i know that had this happen to them at the same time as me called support and had no luck," he rued. "I know of at least 10 others that downloaded it and got banned till 9999."

When asked for comment, reps for Microsoft said the company was not officially commenting on the 7,992 year bans. However, a source close to Bungie said the ban screen "looked legit," wryly adding, "Sorry, great, great, great, great, grandkids."
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_bl...yadded;title;1

All I can say is HAHAHAHAHAHA!

DCEmu Rookie

At least the ban wasn't permanent!

Canada, Ruler of Patriarch of Constantinople and Vicar of the Hagia Sofia

Quote Originally Posted by Broonale View Post
    At least the ban wasn't permanent!
    yes, but the 360's will probably be degraded by then

Can't this kid just make himself a new account?

DCEmu Regular

I think they ban the XBox itself, not just the account. That's why EEPROM flashing is such a big deal for XBox1.

if i was him id definitely appeal

Well if he was trying to exploit it then he shold've known something would happen.

Damn, he was only playing a BETA, not like it got leaked or anything, its bit of a harsh deal for a first offence, maybe a month ban or something, so that he missed release week but a ban until 9,999 that is taking the piss somewhat.

Mike..

Quote Originally Posted by mikebeaver View Post
    Damn, he was only playing a BETA, not like it got leaked or anything, its bit of a harsh deal for a first offence, maybe a month ban or something, so that he missed release week but a ban until 9,999 that is taking the piss somewhat.

Mike..
    Good point he was abusing it though.

but its still sort of stealing since he wasnt givin it or bought it but an easy fix would be selling ur 360 and buying a new one since they ban the xbox not the ip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information